Thursday, April 15, 2010

Act of kindness by BEARDY

A while ago my children and I were sorting out our card collection and we found ourselves with too many cards. So my son asked if we could give some cards away to a few people on "daddy's blog" and I agreed that this would be a good way for them to show kindness and generosity towards other people (teaching moment) in the hobby. So we did up a few packages and sent some stuff out to random folks. We were not expecting anything in return and was surprised when we received notice from "Beardy" that something was being sent our way for the items we sent to him. Let us sally forth and behold the awesomeness that invaded our mail box!
Behold the first card in the deck! Jose Reyes Masterpieces numbered to 75!

SUCH SWEETNESS AND SO FILLING! That card bit masterpieces!

The next card my daughter pulled out was this one:

CARLOS BELTRAN: THE BALLS WILL FALL DOWN FROM THE SKY AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY AWESOMENESS!

The next card my son pulled was this lovely one of Mike Piazza:

Another gallery shot which is really cool. I did like these gallery cards.

The next one my daughter pulled was:

"Hey Dad, this one's really shiny. I can see all the colors like that rainbow in the sky". Cue Jimmy Hendrix!

The next one I pulled and it was another rainbow of:

Dan Murphy in the Coat of TOPPS CHROME TECHNICOLOR.

LOW AND BEHOLD AND FEAST YOUR EYES UPON THE AMAZEMENT OF THIS HOLY GRAIL FOR MY DAUGHTER'S PC COLLECTION:

My 8 yr old daughter has a thing for David Wright. I have no idea where it came from but once she saw him on the scoreboard at the Pirates game she just likes him. You mention his name around her and she just goes "aggghhhhhhh". She's got a crush on him......that's not right!

As for the final masterpiece in this package of goodness we find this beauty:

My first Mike Piazza jersey card that I have ever had. I was so excited to add that to our collection (sounding borg'ish a little: we will add you to our collective).

Greg, thank you so much for the cards you sent to us. The kids loved every minute of opening the package and was so surpised to see what they received. I thank you for that kindness Greg.

Folks remember to checkout Greg's blog and THE MOJO HAND at: http://mojobeardy.wordpress.com/

No comments: