Thursday, March 17, 2011

The magical touch....at WAL MART

I took a trip today up to the local WAL MART for some much needed supplies and toilet paper and I figured since I was there I would pay a little visit to the dreaded retail card isle. Let's just say I'm glad that I bought some TP!

I picked up a blaster box of 2010 Topps Chrome football (I'm working on completing the set), a blaster of Playoff Contenders 2010, and a pack of 2011 Topps baseball. Here's what I pulled:


and then I also pulled this little ol' short print variation also:
I was very pleased with the Sam Bradford considering it was numbered 555/555. Lately I have pulled the chrome blue refractor jersey numbered Tim Tebow card along with 3 1/1's, 4 different player jersey numbered cards, and a total of 9 autographs in the last two years from my local Wal Mart. I was surprised at pulling the Kyle Williams autograph because that is a short print as far as I know. The Thurman Munson was sticking to the back of the Hellickson card a little so that was a nice surprise to see as well.

Overall I'm not too impressed with the Playoff Contenders cards. Seems like there's too much white on them and they were hap haphazardly designed . I still prefer to have the autograph on card and not a sticker autograph as seen on the Kyle W. card.

1 comment:

Dawgbones said...

That Munson SP is too Schweet!!